Sunday, September 28, 2003

Sunday is roast chicken day. woohoo!
Also a day when Ive managed to squeeze in a bit of work on StarLines inbetyween playing Eve Online. I'm tidying up the tutorial, removing any text that reffered to old features that arent there, and making the system more robust. I also intend (at some point) to add support to highlight certain areas of the screen so that the player knows which buttons or tabs etc I am talking about in the tutorial.
Basically I'm trying to make sure that nobody is turned away from the game in confusion in the crucial 15 minutes of their first game. I remember reading years ago that Age Of Empires was a success because it had 'a great first 15 minutes'. This is even more important for indie games, as I suspect many people want to be impressed by a downlaoded game in 5 minutes, or its a quick hit of the delete button. Hopefully that won't happen to Starlines ;)
Time to dish up the roast spuds I reckon...