Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Recently I work I emailed round Steve Pavlinas article on Zero-Defect Software Development. Doing so has helped me to reevaluate my own style of work and where its sometimes alcking, which is the ensuring that on bit of code works 100% betfore moving on to the next thing. Its all to easy to develop really slack coding practices when working on a game, and Ive been trying to hard to do things in a more robust way these last few days.
I've also been considering (and even did a little bit of work on) writing a screensaver that takes the human genome as an input. As basically the genome is free to download (albeit huge) and you can get it in text format as just a huge string of AGCT, I figured I could take the frequency of those 4 Bases over time and make a ncie little animated program, similar to the visualisations in windows media player. Thought it might look quite wacky, but I havent got enough done to show any screenshots yet.
I've also had a few new GUI ideas for StarLines, so that games no nearer to re-release ;)