Tuesday, November 08, 2005

DAY EIGHT - BUSY
Lot to do. I started preliminary coding on the 3rd party game. Its kinda daunting at the start of any project, even though I know this is a prototype rather than complete project.
Anyway, I have some stuff onscreen, and some simulation code loading in data from text files. This isn't that bad for day 1. Now I've started writing some basic code, I'm in a better position to sit back and take another look at the design and see how this thing is going to be structured.
Once I have the first milestone payment it will all feel more secure :D
Check this out:

Troubled Atari is facing a $4.8 million lawsuit by RollerCoaster Tycoon creator Chris Sawyer, who claims the company owes him unpaid royalties.
ImageSawyer is alleging that Atari miscalculated payments from game sales during the period 1999 to 2003.

Of the $180 million generated by RollerCoaster Tycoon, Sawyer received around $30 million, but he says this is shy of the figure he ought to have received.



looks like a single guy (chris sawyer) did very well out of his game, and even then, the retail scumbags try and shaft him...
Apparently The Movies also ships today. All I can say is, watch the goddamned credits :D