Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I recently found a few small bugs in Democracy after playing through it for a while. Its always good to find and fix little bugs before you get to hear about them. I've also been spending a lot of time thinking through how to expand on the game.
I'm not sure yet whether I am going to do an add-on pack, a deluxe version or a fully fledged sequel to it. I have spent a lot of time in Paintshop Pro mocking up screenshots for various ideas. I also downloaded and played the Alpha Centauri demo again to get myself looking at other examples of that kind of game.
So far, I still have not settled on a definitive design for the next stage that I am happy with.
I have been spending a lot of money on advertising as well, although the next step is a site with a minimum ad spend of $500. Thats quite a lot of money in shareware terms to gamble on a single site... although I'm thinking it's probably worth a try. Sales have not slowed down yet, although I suspect it will take more and more advertising each month to sustain this level of sales...