Thursday, January 26, 2006

PreRequisites
I added pre-requisites for events into the new game (Milo) today. I've added lots of other stuff, fixed bugs yada yada. The pre-requisites is the new design thing though. Basically it means you need something before a certain social option is available. Say, inviting people round for a meal. You can't do that now unless you have some minimal cooking skills. Ideally I'll set things up so that the success of the event is partly based on those skills too. This assumes that even if you are a dork, and have nothing in common with anyone you know, if you happen to be a prize-winning chef, people will still enjoy a dinner party at your place.
There is a part of me that worries that the game will be massively middle class and English, and it's appeal will be limited, but theres another part of me that thinks you should 'write about what you know*'. And there are lots of middle class English people. Maybe if 1% of them bought the game (lets say theres 5 million), thats 50,000 sales, which is good.
So with that in mind, I'm going to code a little mini-game where you talk about house prices to people.
I keep dirthering about writing some articles. I must do that...

*I guess I'm still middle class even though I'm an unemployed drifter, as I have a conservatory and 2 cats.