Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Game Business tip #1
If, like me, you sell your game online, but also have some retail deals, make damn sure you ringfence the code for your final retail release version(s). That way, if bugs are found in the retail version, its easy to just fix them as an .exe patch, without having to roll all the other improvements into the retail build. (Most people patch, improve and re-release their online version after the release one ships).
I always try to encourage my sales to be online anyway, as it earns me more cash and keeps me in closer touch with the customers. If you are thinking of buying my games, buy them online, that's the latest and best version.
------------------------------
I changed the blog template, because this blog might change totally on Jan 5th when I start work on my new game. This means old comments got lost... ;(
------------------------------