Saturday, March 11, 2006

Traffic Figures
Where would a web-based business be without web-traffic? I'll tell you where...
NOWHERE.
So getting visitors to my site is all-important. Years ago this was simple, you got listed on search engines, and you made sure all the sites with software listings like download.com listed your game. Job done.
Now its way harder, you need to advertise, do marketing, build up a portfolio of games, or articles or other reasons to get traffic.
My site traffic has gradually grown over the years, but it still could grow by another order of magnitude. Im currently getting around 32,000 unique visitors a month. I'm not sure how that compares with other games sites, but I'd imagine its pretty poor.
Here's hoping that my next game will boost that a bit, and I think Democracy gradually pulls in more and more traffic over time.