Monday, March 06, 2006

Puzzle Fun and Mockup Fun
Todays ferengi rule -> "Keep your family close, keep your Latinum closer"
Work continues apace on Kudos, I'm 'treating msyelf' in the evenings to working on a mini-game inside Kudos. basically its a classic puzzle game for when Milo decides to spend the evening playing video games on his own. I've decided this should slightly increase his IQ :D Anyway, coding simple puzzle games is quite fun, I can see why people get sucked into the puzzle game coding route. It's more fun than I thought it would be. I need to make it slightly less onvious a bejewlled clone though...
I've taken to mocking up design ideas in paint-shop-pro before writing any code. I find this very helpful indeed, it's like looking at the finished product and saying "I'm glad I did that" without actually having to code anything yet.
I'm suspecting that at this rate the game will be done earlier than expected. possibly October.