Saturday, February 12, 2005

I've put some basic difficulty code into democracy, also added a new 'startup' dialog which sets the scene for each country. At some point I need to add some custom content and more custom setup per country so that they 'feel' different as you play each one.
I just did a few playthroughs, I tended to rush through them a bit, as I'm actually not used to playing turn based games. (ironic isn't it). I lost both games, which is kind of encouraging because it proves it can beat you :D
I need to do a LOT of playbalancing on this game. There is such a fine line between a really complex simulation and just a total mess. I'm pretty sure that even now its more the former, but this needs to be obvious to the player too.
I guess writing a breakout clone is a lot easier....