Thursday, December 11, 2003

Some shareware games are just too big. I was working my way throught adrenaline vaults top shareware games. Fire and water was quite a laugh, but I wouldn't pay for the full version. There was a game that looked nice called Deimos rising, but after downloading 16 MB with no end in sight (and no idea how big it was) I clicked cancel.
Its essential to let people know how long they will wait for your game.
Starship Tycoon is looking better and better, fixed some bugs last night concerning multiple starships, I have some new character art on order, and I'm aiming for a beta copy to be done by friday so I can set up a better website and start canvassing for beta testers at the weekend.
Starship Tycoon needs to sell very well after all this effort, but I think its looking good, and hopefully will have long term playability, which is the key to sales IMHO, and the reason many shooters don't sell.