Wednesday, October 15, 2003

CD KEYs
Recently my work PC blew up almost entirely, resulting in a new hard disk. Thats fine, the old disk was still readable, I could copy over my BF1942 directory to the new drive no problem.
Except now It wont let me play because its asking for a CD key, says mine is invalid.
If I go to reinstall the game it expects me to have the manual with me.
Well I havent got it. its probably lost or at home somewhere, and this winds me up. If i pay £30 for a game, I SHOUDL BE ABLE TO PLAY IT! Why isnt this CD key printed on the box, the back of the box, the CD itself, the addenda thing inside the box...
Its crazy that If I have lost the manual, effectivly I cant play the game.
When this happens to one of my customers, they can email me and within 12 hours approx they will get an email back with their reg code. What are my chances of getting the same customer support from EA?
ZERO.
Meanwhile I can't play Eve online at all because the whole system is down for maintenence. So much for online gaming.
Someone really needs to teach big games companies a thing or two about customer service.
Or not..
Leaves more customers for the indie game developer ;)