Thursday, July 10, 2003

Sold 2 copies of StarLines this morning... Trying to track my acousticase from dabs, using parcelforces website. What a disaster. Firstly why have they sent it as 2 packages? and why does their website say both have been delivered yesterday? maybe it will be waiting for me when i get to work, but I just KNOW it will turn out to be one of those nightmares where you end up on hold to customer service for hours. Some companies customer service is just a joke...

spent some time last night updating the GUI for StarLines. Under the old system the windows all shared the same class (GWindow) using a horrid switch() statement to draw different contents. This was back in 1999 when I knew sod all about proper class hierarchies. So now GWindow is more of a base class, and each window is a custom object derived from it, which means more source code, but allows me to apply custom effects to each window whilst still keeping the code structured and organised.
Its a long struggle though, I expect to finish updating the StarLines GUI within a month or so. Lets hope it boosts sales!
Wish me luck with my acousticase!