Saturday, March 12, 2005

A great blog post can be found here about the GDC and how some people are acting as though "The downloadable games market has just started". Its insane. people who are so rubbish at business that they don't see changes happening, arrive late at the party and tell everyone the party has started. I've been selling online since 1998, so I'm puzzled as to how I managed that when 'nobody bought games online'.
Anyway, back in the world of the sane I haven't had any replies to my attempts to advertise starship tycoon on non-traditional sites. My emails (only 2 or 3 of them) were obviously not spam but carefully targeted requests to advertise so I'm suprised people couldn't be bothered to reply. Perhaps this is the pvponline.com school of ignoring your emails?
I am considering redoing the 'quarterly report' section of the democracy GUI to use more natural language. Also am considering allowing custom countries, although thats a lot more work. I might work on custom countries once its in beta.
Sales continue to be good