Sunday, July 18, 2004

Today I released Starship Tycoon 2.24
It adds a new mission, and there are 2 big bug fixes. Hopefully it might knock sales up by maybe 3-5%.
That doesnt sound much, but last month i made $950 from Shareware, mostly from ST. thats not bad. I also probably made a good $500 odd through other publishers, and thats not counting unpcoming retail stuff. w00t.
I can spend tonight and parts of tommorow working on Democracy now ;) I've already started redoing some interface stuff.
 
I heard today that Introversion are delaying darwinia so as not to clash with Half Life 2. I have big issues with this.
Firstly:
When a game is done, you should get it out there. Sitting on a game because 'the market isnt right' is insane, especially with games being so trend and tech driven
Secondly:
Screw retail. they should sell the game exclusivly online anyway. In the medium to long run, retail is dead. I fully expect to end up making way more from online sales than retail (I only make maybe £2k a year from retail at the moment, which will go up tons this year).
Thirdly:
So half life 2 is coming out is it? Yeah right, I'll believe it when I see it, ditto Doom3, Duke Nukem blah blah. And remember kids there are NO guarantees these games won't all be total crap. People have more faith in these games (which they havent played) being great than they have faith in the laws of physics.
The only people who have really seen/played these hyped up monstrosities are journalists, and we can trust them right? *cough* dr3vr *cough*
 
I expect HL2 will be absolutely fantastic, but nothing is for sure. not until I'm sat there playing the demo.
Don't rearrange your whole business strategy about what your rivals *might* do.