Friday, July 02, 2004

I just saw an advert on this page promising '250,000 credits an hour in Star Wars Galaxies - playing guide!!!" and also "become a Jedi in less than an hour!!!"

I think they should be rephrased:

"Run out of gameplay in under an hour!"
"Bypass all the games fun and content as fast as possible!"

When we people realise that MMORPGS are RPGS. they are about an alternate reality, they are about interacting with other people, livining out a fantasy, an alternate life.
You can't win
Having the most points doesnt mean you are having the most fun.
It's not a race.

I'm still enjoying the game, taking the 'grind' at my own pace. Im sure I could be a 'l33t jedi with a billion xp" by now. Then I'd be one of those dissilusioned sad people that sets a macro to play a message in the game like this:

"join my clan if ur a newbie, I give you a lightsaber and four million credits for free!!!"

People go crazy ammasing points and money, then realise they have missed out on the game itself and those credits and XP are worthless.
*sigh*