Monday, March 08, 2004

Im sure some of my blog posts just dissapear..
Anyway. I can't go into detail but..
The games industry sucks. Its truly shit. The attitudes of some of the people at the top just makes my blood boil grrrrr!!!!
I remain 100% convinced that even in 5, 10 or 50 years time, there will still be people in their bedrooms churning out great games. Teams of 2,3 or 4 developers will make some awesome games and they will make a shedload of money.
Popcap have proved you dont need 100 people and 5 million dollars to make a game. I know a huge list of people who are also raking in the dollars from their home grown games.
I just bought a fcking new car on the basis of games in which I did everything, including the artwork.
I have high hopes that said games will also pay for my conservatory (fingers crossed).
They may not make me a millionaire. But then, most people I know working for big developers aren't exactly loaded either.
YOU DO NOT NEED BIG BUDGETS AND LOTS OF PEOPLE TO MAKE A GAME.
And ANYONE who says otherwise is WRONG. I don't care who they are ;)