Thursday, August 07, 2003

I've got some cool code written at home and work recently. The save/load hell is becoming better since I decided to write my own. Your own code is always easier to debug than anyone elses, and it means atr crunch time we can always get hold of the codes author (me).
Today amongst other things I taught my little AI people in the Movies to lean on walls. This isnt a big deal, but the beauty of it was the whole thing was done without changing any code, such is the data driven quality of the Movies code. hurrah.
I'm currently redoing the fualt system in Starlines, having been motivated to work on the game by playing Eve Online. I now have 2 mining lasers and 2 drones on my ship, and life is certainly more exciting as you approach the low law level mining systems on the perimeter of the galaxy. hurrah.