Friday, August 24, 2007

Working with third parties

Democracy 2 will cost me more than all my previous games combined in terms of sounds and art. I hope that's reflected in some decent sales if I ever finish it :D. I'm in the process now of deciding on an artists, and I've already picked a musician to compose totally original music for the game. My slight fear is that the game is a bit complex to lure in the big audience required to payback such an investment, but hey, you have to speculate to accumulate right?

People expecting a radically different game to Democracy may be a bit surprised. the game *is* very different under the hood but the principle GUI will stay the same. I think it's a GUI that works, and although the game will look much nicer now, people used to the original will be able to pick up and play this one fairly easily.