Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Update on all things

Wow I haven't updated in ages. I've been VERY busy.

Firstly, I finished the retail build for Democracy, which added some sound files the publisher wanted in it, and hopefully at some stage it will end up in US and even UK stores.

Secondly, I finished the patch (1.1) to Kudos: Rock legend, which vastly improved the game, and made all sorts of improvements and changes that should have been in the original really. That paves the way for the game to go on sale through various other websites at some stage.

Thirdly, I started work on Democracy 2 \0/ Yay etc. Of course I've started work on games before (Starship tycoon 2), even spent a lot of time and money on them, and then given up, so this is no guarantee. However, I'm pretty motivated about it. So far, I'm just tidying up the GUI of the original, which is the foundation for the new version. My current plan is for the game to not use real world countries, but to have a virtual country you can configure. This opens the way to more stuff regarding foreign policy, wars, terrorism etc. Should be fun!

KRL is selling pretty well, which is a relief. when you work for yourself, there is no guarantee of being able to pay next months bills, so getting a few weeks of good sales is really welcome.