Saturday, August 16, 2003

This mornings mailbox brings me a $17 sale of StarLines (Shareware) plus 2 sales through RealGames, which isn't bad going. After reading an article about marketing yesterday(sorry can't remember the URL), I was inspired to jazz up the info page for my first ever game: Star Miner. The basic thrust was that there wasnt enough information on the page, which tends to 'undervalue' the game. I added a download calculator to help persuade people to get the 1.8MB zip file, plus instructions on how to unzip the game, with a link to the winzip homepage.
Doing stuff like this takes 20 minutes, but its stuff I often dont bother to do and Im sure over the years Ive missed out a few dozen sales as a result at least.
Work continue slowly on StarLines, but now I'm security officer for the L33t Corp corp in Eve-Online, its hard to find the time ;)