Monday, August 23, 2004

There is finally a (basic) website for democracy HERE complete with two screenshots of the current build. I am steadily adding new policies now, added gun control, legalising drugs and the death penalty today. Also found a huge memory leak, and discovered that the task manager under XP lets you select a column to show GDI object usage per process (which is handy if you are a coder...)

I tried out the demo of Rome:Total War today. I have to say I am very disappointed. The game doesn't look as good as I remember it when I last saw it, but more importantly than that, the gameplay is still as confused and chaotic as the last two games. You put lots of clever strategy in place, them watch frustrated, as the whole battle turns into a big punch-up with all the organisation and control of a drunken pub fight.
I can't see why this game took them so long to make, It seems to be exactly the same as Medieval, but with 3D units instead of 2D. (and to be honest visually it doesn't make ANY difference after the first 10 seconds of going 'ooh-3d).