Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Today some really cool stuff turned up in the psot. - 5 sample copies each of the jewel cased Russian language versions of Planetary Defence and Starship tycoon from akella.
I've had games go into retail before, but thsi si the first time they have been standalone rather than as a compilation.
Its VERY VERY cool. The back covers especially 9with screenshots) look fantastic. Both games make for really good screenshots, and these look like very good games (im not that impartial though). Obviously the advance money is nice, but Im hoping to see some royalties from both games, as I suspect they may both sell very well.
Its truly cool to be able to fill a shelf with boxes of your own games, which I have done now, and thats even before i get the Take 2 version of Starship Tycoon.
Work continues on Democracy, getting better every day, I need to do some tidying up to make the code for loading in data a lot simpler, and then I will have a very elegant and structured piece of code. Im looking forward to the stage where the game is playable and fun and I can start
adding data and tweaking values.
I'm still swinging both ways on whether this will be a popular game that starts its own mini genre, or whether everyone will thinks its dull.
Still if Microsoft train simulator can create a genre... surely politics can?