Friday, December 26, 2003

Well that was Christmas.
Got a great book called Tales From Development Hell, about the movie industry, and why films get canned (bit like games). Also got a copy of Vegas : Make it big, which is a superbly done Tycoon style game (very inspiring stuff for ST), albeit insanely easy in sandbox mode. I'm so pleased I have difficulty settings inside Starship Tycoon.
I'm rewriting the victory conditions stuff today, and adding a simple 'get X cash by Y' type of victory condition. A problem with the original game was its lack of variety mission wise, so hopefully this will help slightly. Its coded, but not fully tested...
I've been using Mozilla a bit, partly for testing my website, but its built in pop-up blocker is great stuff. Not quite swapped to it from IE yet though.