Saturday, December 20, 2003

Well I sold 2 copies of Asteroid Miner today, so thats not bad going. I went to see Eddie Izzard tonite. He was good, but was it worth the £33 or so per ticket, plus £10 to park? plus £1.50 for a bottle of water and £2 for a tub of ice cream? The venue was so huge we had to watch the guy on a screen, so we might as well have rented the DVD. Also, it was being filmed, and bags were searched to prevent you sneaking in a still or movie camera.
Why?
I think if you charge 10,000 people 330,000 quid for 3 hours of entertainment, fleece them for programes, t shirts and beer, and also get to make a DVD out of the night, you cant grumble if they take some souveneir snaps?
He is a very funny and talented guy,. but I think the public are just egtting totally ripped off at things like this, especially as the whole arena is covered in billboard adverts (even INSIDE the arena).
this makes me more certain that Starship Tycoon should be released at $24.99 anyway ;) Its looking real nice, just added the option to turn off the nebula backdrops for older, slower machines, I might add some better GUI for atmosphere problems tommorow.